Unlike other social sites like Instagram, Whatsapp, or Facebook messenger, Pinterest has completely removed the delete option from the recent update.
Therefore, in the new reformation, you can only hide the messages, or can block the person or can report the conversation, but cannot delete the discussion.
If you are still using the old version of Pinterest, then you can easily erase the messages by following the instructions mentioned below-
- Open Pinterest
- Go to the conversation you want to remove the messages from
- Hold on to the message for 3 seconds
- Press on the delete option
Related Search: Delete Starbucks Account
How to Delete Messages on Pinterest (Step by Step)
In our modern & fast-forwarding world, people gets addicted to social media and social networking sites so immensely and rapidly that without the internet & high-tech applications, the existence of the world will drive to an end.
Like Facebook, Whatsapp & Instagram, Pinterest also has the same feature of sending the message.
But the problem arises when you want to delete some confidential or important text or photos from the chat box of Pinterest.
The new version of Pinterest does not allow you to delete the messages. So, you are only able to hide the discussion.
Thus, we are giving here some essential instructions on how to delete Pinterest messages of an old version,
In the case of desktops,
- Go to Pinterest.com from any web browser on your desktop.
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Check the inbox and select the messages you want to erase.
- Click on the X mark on the right side.
- Your text will be deleted from the inbox.
In the case of Android, iPhone & iPad,
- Open the Pinterest app on your mobile phone.
- Open the inbox.
- Open the conversation and select the message or photo that you want to delete.
- Touch the three-dotted menu icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the delete option.
- Open the Pinterest app message section.
- Tap and hold the conversation you want to delete for a few seconds.
- Touch the Delete option.
- The chat will be deleted at once.
How to Hide Pinterest Messages?
The most common question that everyone enquires is how to delete messages on Pinterest. As we say before, there has no option of deleting the message on Pinterest’s new version.
Therefore, the only way of secreting the messages, that you sent to the wrong person by mistake, is to choose the hide the conversation option.
But how to do it right? Let’s have a look-
- Open the Inbox on the Pinterest app or website.
- Select the Discussion you want to conceal.
- Tap on the more options button on the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the Hide Conversation option. Here you will find the Report or Block option.
- Tap on the option that you want to ensue.
You may also read about : How To Delete Your Secret Benefits Dating Account
frequently asked questions
1. By deleting my account will delete Pinterest messages?
No, actually that’s not happened. If you want to quit using the Pinterest app and will decide to delete the account, it does not mean that your messages will be erased. The messages will still appear in the inbox of the recipient, but it will be dismissed from your inbox.
2. Do messages disappear on Pinterest?
Nope, the messages never disappear on Pinterest. If needed, you can fully hide the messages or conversations from your inbox by using the app.
3. Can you delete messages on Pinterest?
The new update of Pinterest does not allow users to delete messages or chat from the site.
Only the users who are still using the old version can delete the messages on Pinterest.
New version users can only hide, report, or block the unwanted conversation on Pinterest, instead of deleting the chats.
4. How do you delete a sent Pin on Pinterest?
To delete a sent Pin on Pinterest,
- At first, log into the account.
- Tap the profile picture that displayed in the top right of the screen.
- Tap into a board & next into a section & search the saved Pin.
- Open the Pin.
- Click the ellipsis sign.
- Select the option “Edit Pin”.
- Tap Delete showing in the bottom left corner.
- Finally, touch Delete pin to confirm.
5. What happens when you hide a message on Pinterest?
Deleting a message on Pinterest is not possible, as hiding a message is the only option available.
However, the messages that you have hidden will not be permanently deleted from your Inbox, rather it may reappear in Pinterest App if the user on the other hand sends you a message.
6. How do I erase instant messages?
Instant messages cannot be erased from Pinterest. It can only be hidden from Pinterest App. But, there is no way out to erase an instant message.
7. Are messages on Pinterest private?
Pinterest is providing Private Messaging services to its customer. Private messaging is one of main focus of Pinterest and hence, messages are safe and private with Pinterest.
8. How do I see messages I’ve sent on Pinterest?
To see the messages that you have sent, please follow below steps –
- Launch the Pinterest App on your Mobile and login to your account
- Click on the Chat button(with 3 dots) at the bottom
- Click on the Messages button at the top of the display and view your message.
Also Read : How To Delete Starbucks Account In One Step